Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Class and Cooking

April 20th,

I did not want to wake up as I slept through my alarm 3 times.  Finally at 8:30, I got up, organized my stuff and went to class.  In Relaciones Internacionales we talked about the role of NATO.  Interesting to hear the Spanish perspective on the international organization.  The práctica we will have for this class will be huge and time consuming.  In Historia Política Social Contemporánea we had a presentation about the Soviet Union.  I'm glad that I had finished with my presentation two months ago.  In my two hour break before Master Tutoría, I went grocery shopping, dropping everything off at home.  In Master Tutoría, we reviewed some of the more nuanced aspects of the Spanish language and reviewed our newly graded essays.  I used the internet in the library to send my dad a happy birthday email before heading back home.

Back home, we tried again to fix the internet.  We ended up buying a new cable but it still didn't work.  All of us were feeling a little frustrated, so we had a group therapy dinner cooking session.  We shared all of the ingredients and each of us made an excellent meal.  

Our apartment is situated between two rentable, vacation apartments.  There is a constant change of people and tonight the guests were a group of Spanish students from Cáceres.  They invited us over as they had seen us cooking in the kitchen.  Enjoying the hospitality, we went over to the apartment and hung out for a little bit.  I came back home around midnight. 

No comments: