Friday, April 10, 2009

Here In Granada, The Party Comes To You

March 18th,

I woke up at 7:00am and spent the next hour proofreading my paper for Historia Política Social Contemporánea that I'd written the night before.  

In class my Relaciones Internacionales teacher looked ready to burst.  Classes were good and relaxed.  I came home to have a snack and hang out until going back to class for Master Tutorial.  Its a good class but sometimes it is so slow that its take a lot of concentration to stay engaged.  I came back home and went shopping for some groceries.

A little tired, I took a 2 hour siesta at 6:00pm before having an hour to get ready for my "tapas date,"  with two French girls from my Relaciones Internacionales class.  I met up with them at Puerta Real and we walked to my favorite tapas bar, La Pajuana.  We'd been talking about meeting up outside of class the whole year and we finally decided to just do it.  We had some good conversations and meeting up with them just reinforced how easy it is to meet new people here in Granada.  We did a "classic tapas route," around the cathedral and centro before stopping in a salsa bar where Heiko was having his class.  They didn't feel like staying so we took a long walk around the fountain of Acero del Darro before I walked them back home.

I decided to head back to the salsa bar to meet up with Heiko.  Taking lessons had paid off as I met a lot of new people.  Hanging out with Heiko and the German Erasmus group, we decided to leave this salsa bar and head to the one run by my teacher.  It was closed so we headed back down to the one we were just at running into a birthday party of some of our Erasmus friends on the street.  Jumping on the party wagon, we went to the bar/disco next door to the Salsa club and ended up hanging out until 3 in the morning.  I hadn't gone out with Heiko in a long time so it was cool to spend time with my roommate.

Walking back to our piso in the centro to go to bed, Granada had once again proven herself that there are always new people to meet and exciting things to do if one is willing to be open and spontaneous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know a hostels that have wonderful views of Alhambra and i recommend staying in Hostels Granada