Saturday, May 16, 2009

Half Way Through May

May 16th,

Spring in Spain (and in Europe for that matter) is truly incredible.  From perfect weather, spring festivals and a last few trips before finals come beginning of June, May has proven to be a great "last real Spanish month."  May has absolutely flown by, and writing this on May 16th, the second half of the month, I realize how little time left I have here in Granada.

Portugal was a fantastic trip.  Heiko, Antonio and I spent 4 days in Lisbon at one of the world's best hostels, Traveler's House, and did day trips to the wonderful cities of Cascais and Sintra.  In Cascais we did an all day bike tour along the national park and in Sintra we toured beautiful palaces and gardens.  I loved traveling with my Spanish and German roommates.  I really look up to both of them and we had some polemic, critical, deep and eye opening conversations throughout the trip.

In the last two weeks before finals, I have been busy with school and end of the year activities.  

One way or the other I'll have this blog updated soon in its normal fashion with daily entries and pictures.

1 comment:

Hannes said...

Somehow your blog got into my Google Reader and just from curiosity, is Heiko Estonian? Sounds very Estonian name :)