Thursday, May 28, 2009

When You Live On Calle San Antón, Granada Comes To You

April 10th,

I woke up at 10:00am with the intentions of writing in my blog.  Almost a month behind, I wrote all about my mom's trip and the adventure in Egypt.  Keeping a daily blog is a challenge but something that I've committed to and don't want to let slip away.

Having spent almost the entire day writing, I needed a break.  At 8:00pm, Heiko, Antonio and I put on our nice clothes and went for a "Calle San Antón," tapas route.  I live right in the center of Granada and I think I will never be able to appreciate how incredible of a  location I lucked out in finding.  Walking a total of 100 meters the entire night, we went to the restaurant next door for some great tapas and then went to the fanciest bar in Granada, Aliatar Café, at the end of our street.  Sitting with Heiko, Antonio and Karo at a private table in the corner of the converted theater I smiled, realizing how privileged and fortunate I was to have a year like this while I was still young.  I enjoyed hanging out with my roommates.  They are great guys.  We stayed until 2am before leaving to walk the 50 meters back to our apartment.

No comments: