Tuesday, September 16, 2008

7th Anniversary of my Bar Mitzvah

September 8th

Class was good today as I had grammar, literature, and history.  The ILP is different than I expected as I feel that most of the discussion is in the classroom and the outside assignments seem independent of themselves.  I can tell that since starting the ILP three weeks ago, my comprehension and speaking ability has significantly improved.

The rest of the day was low key as I organized my room and continued thinking about travel plans.

Although today was "less exciting" than my other days so far, it was significant as it marked the 7th anniversary of my bar mitzvah.  A lot has changed in the last 7 years for both my life and for my country.  My bar mitzvah was one of the last days of what I can consider a "pre-world" in my life; before my parent's divorce and the deaths of many of my relatives and old family friends.  For my country, it was one of the last few days of the pre 9/11 world.  

In 7 years, I've grown and changed.  I've had many amazing opportunities and although I've wondered how my past would have been different had the above events not occurred, I am proud of what I've accomplished and am looking forward to the future for both my life and my country.

No comments: