Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Month In Spain!

September 15th

I had slept at my piso and the walked back to la Cartuja to start my last week of ILP.

In grammar class, I was little annoyed as I had spent a lot of time on the homework and we just ended up doing it together in class.  I had learned a lot though, which was the important thing.  The rest of the classes were good and the final exams should be manageable.

In the afternoon we had presentation by Inma about registering for classes.  It was really helpful and if my schedule works out how I want it to, I should have Friday's off.  I will only be taking political science classes as I am almost done with my major and the department here is really good.  The only problem that I might run into is the converting of the sometimes year-long classes to the quarter system.  I may receive a lot of units but only have it count for one trimester class.  I'll worry about that next year.

After dinner I bought my bus tickets for the bus ride to Madrid and then walked with three of my friends down to my piso.  Tomorrow we would be going back to the police station for the second part of the three part process.  The three other students also had to go tomorrow, so I had invited them to sleep over at my piso as I only live one block away from the police station.  I wanted to get up at 5:00 in order to be the first people in line.  I have an open first from 9-10, and if possible, I wanted to avoid missing any class by going early.

---
Today marked my first complete month in Spain.  My initial impression is that it went really well, better than I had expected it would before I had left.  I am excited and happy that I made the choice that I did.  The first month went by so fast and I still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of what this year abroad has to offer.

No comments: