Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finals and the Beginning of the Real Year

September 18th

The final exams were much easier than I expected and I had prepared more than was necessary.  Grammar and Comprehension were combined and the test itself was the same exact one that we had taken the first day.  They'll look to see how much we improved from the first day of the program.  

In Literature Discussion we turned in our outside essays.  In History we wrote an in class essay, and in Spanish Literature we had an open note test about famous literary works, history, and authors.  I was definitely ready and if the grade is based mostly on the finals than I should be fine.  The only thing I'm worried about are a few grammar quizzes that we took at the beginning that I didn't do so well on.  I'll find out my grade in a couple of weeks.

I finished packing up my room in the residencia and took a large load of clothes and books over to my piso.  I organized my room and it started to feel like home. 

 Heiko had to put up some flyers around the city (he is looking for another Erasmus student to practice Spanish with) and I went out with him to buy sheets for my bed.  We found a mattress store on La Ronda and looked inside.  Everything was very expensive and I was about to leave when the clerk showed me the discount rack.  I ended up getting 100 euro sheets for 30.  

At 7:00 I went back to the residencia for the flamenco presentation.  It was really fun as there was a singer, guitarist, and two dancers.  After their performance, they had everyone get into lines and proceeded with a half hour flamenco dancing lesson.  I wasn't very good, but it was a lot of fun.

Since we had no obligations for one week, we went to Granada 10 discotheque and stayed out until 5:00am.

No comments: