Monday, September 8, 2008

Routine-ish

September 3rd.

With the ILP in full swing, my days here in Spain have taken on a degree of routine as during the week I have class, lunch, siesta/freetime, and monitore groups.  

Today, I found the classes to be very interesting.  The lit professor is pretty crazy.  He drops such elevated topics in his free form presentation that my brain hurts by the time the class is over.

Overall the day was pretty low key, but I got a lot organized in regards to my classes and the forms that I will need for my visa extension.

That night, Heiko called me to let me know that he was going to have some friends over at our new piso and that he wanted to know if I was going to be able to stop by.  I was planning on sleeping over at my piso that night anyway as I wanted to get up early the next morning to go to the police station (which was only 1 block away from my piso).  I invited a few people to come over which turned into 15 or so who wanted to come see my apartment.  My apartment is pretty big as we had no problem fitting all of my American friends and Heiko's European friends into the living room.  It wasn't an official house warming party, merely a cultural-exchange get together.  Everyone left at about 12:00am.  Heiko had class early the next morning and I wanted to get up and head to the police station by 7:30 as I had heard that there would be a huge line (it opened at 9:00am).


No comments: