Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Up and At 'Em

August 30th

I woke up feeling a little sick.  The past week of meeting everyone, going to Tomatina, and now the piso search, was catching up to me.  Throughout the day, I made sure I drank a lot of water and took advantage of the siesta.

The search for a piso continued, as I went straight to my computer and started looking at the online sites for pisos in Granada.  There are a couple really helpful websites that stream the newest postings.  I found one in the "Centro" and called to see if I could visit it that day.  

On the phone, the people sounded cool.  There was a guy and a girl and they said that I could come see the piso right away.  It was actually past the Centro, but still in a nice area.  Its 7th floor location was the tallest in the building and I hoped that this place would be a better version of the one in Ronda that I had looked at.  I guess I had misread who these people were as when I came to the door, I was greeted by a young couple in their mid thirties.  They both had full time jobs.  The apartment was nice, but very quiet.  They showed me around the apartment and then took me up to the 8th floor community terraza, which had a decent view of the surrounding area.  I asked how many people came up to the top and they told me that no one did as they were the youngest people in the building.  Everyone was very polite, but we all knew that we weren't the people the other was looking for.  Had I wanted an apartment only for studying, this would have been it.

I had a "low key" night in Granada, that consisted of a visit to a couple of tapas bars.  I was feeling tired and went home to go to sleep at the extremely early hour of 12:00 am.

No comments: