Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All Broke To Fix


April 19th,

We all woke up at 10:00am and went into the kitchen to face the explosion.  It was so dirty, the floor black, the dishes piled on top of each other.  Dividing up the rooms of the house and delegating tasks, we spent the next two hours cleaning everything up from the BBQ the day before.  

Our house was falling apart as the internet had been completely out for the entire weekend (one of the many reasons that this blog fell so far behind).  After trying for an hour or so to fix it, we gave up and went to the café down the street that has free wifi.  The internet there too was sketchy at best and it kept going out when I was trying to skype my dad.  Frustrated, I went to the convenience store next to my house that has an internet hub.  The first three computers I tried to use didn't work.  Finally I was able to get through to my dad and brother.

I went back home to study for a few hours.  At 8:00, I walked over to Blake's house in Plaza de Toros and met up with some other friends to go to a tetería.  They were all going to go to the Sunday night jazz jam session at Boogaclub, but I instead went to go pay Melissa the money I owed her for our flight from Paris to Greece for our trip this summer.  I hung out with Melissa, Jenny and Vero for a little while until I headed home around 1:00am.

No comments: