Monday, June 8, 2009

The End of Spring Break

April 13th,

I woke up tired at 8:00, put on my coat and wrote out brief notes to my parents and brother to put in my packages from Egypt.  I went to the post office which opened at 8:30 and mailed off my gifts from Egypt. 

At home, I ate a quick breakfast and packed a day bag as I would be joining Heiko and Caro in their trip to SalobreƱa.  We took the the city bus to the regional bus station and caught the 10:00 beach bus.  An hour later we arrived in the small, quaint beach town of SalobreƱa.

From the bust station we walked to the beach.  It was a beautiful day with only a slightly cool breeze.  On the beach with little pebbles, we set up camp.  I rested, relaxed and wrote in the warm sun.  I went to find the rest rooms and met up with Jan, Vanessa and their other other German friends who had come to join us.  Heiko, Jan, Vanessa and I played volleyball and soccer.  We jumped into the water, which was quite cold.  Escaping the waves, I looked past the palm trees to see the Sierra Nevada still covered in snow.

We had a picnic lunch. It was a nice way to end my spring break.  From Egypt to Southern Spain!  We all took an after lunch siesta, waking up to play a little more volleyball.  I tried to learn a little bit of German.  Heiko, Caro and I said goodbye to everyone and we walked back to the bus stop with Jan to catch our 5:30 bus.  The bus ride back was pleasant.  

Back in Granada and before going home, I did some last minute grocery shopping and then came back home to shower and change.  At 9:00 we met up with our Erasmus friends and went to a great Middle-Eastern tapas bar.  Back home before midnight, I organized everything for the next day at school and fell quickly to sleep.

No comments: