Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Start Of What Will Be The Best Summer Yet

June 25th,

Unfortunately, my goal of having my blog updated has fallen through as now with June almost over and next week beginning more than a month of traveling, I will not be able to have my blog updated until August in its normal format. Since April, life has been anything but ordinary as Spring and the start of Summer here in Spain have shown me life at its very best.

I finished my academic year June 16th after having 3 finals in two days. My finals went well although they were all difficult. I do not have all of my grades back, but I did do very well in my history class, Historia Social Política Contemporánea, receiving the highest grade of the foreign students and one of the highest in the class.

Tomorrow my dad and brother come to Spain to begin a 15 day tour of the country. I will be meeting them in Barcelona where we will spend this coming weekend. Returning to Granada on June 29th we'll spend four days in my adopted city and then head back north to Girona to visit Alex and Vanessa. We'll probably rent a car and go to the "Running of the Bulls" in Pamplona for the festival of San Fermín. We'll then do a road trip around the North of Spain before heading back to Barcelona so they can fly home on July 12th.

The same day that my brother and dad head back to California, I'll catch a flight to Paris to meet up with Melissa. The next day we'll be flying to Athens where we'll be meeting up with the rest of our friends in our travel group. July 13th through 31st I'll be traveling throughout Greece and Turkey. We hope to be in Turkey on the 22nd.

Although I feel like I'm saying goodbye to Spain earlier than I would like, I think it will be easier to come straight back from Turkey rather than go to Spain and then double back to Germany where I'll be flying Munich to LA on Lufthansa. If all goes as planned with the flight schedules, I'll be home in California on July 31st.

And like that the year to remember is almost over. Its been the best year of my life and I'm looking forward to enjoying what should be an unforgettable summer. I'll be back home for three in weeks in August before moving back down to San Diego to begin Residential Advisor training for Sixth College on August 26th.

I'll write travel updates in the blog and save the daily posts until I return home in August.

1 comment:

joyce said...

yayyy!!! you are returning home!

your year sounds amazing and i cannot wait to hear all about it in the flesh!

xoxoxox

ps say hi to hunter for me!