Monday, June 8, 2009

School, Skype, Social

April 15th,

I woke up at 8:00am and groggily did some exercises on my floor before eating breakfast, taking a fast shower and heading off to class.  In Relaciones Internacionales, Professor Sánchez spent the whole period discussing our upcoming huge project--a 4 week long práctica that will require us to do lots of outside reading and research.  Historia Política Social Contemporánea was interesting as we talked about the Soviet Union.  I walked back home after class in the light rain.  

For lunch I made my favorite mix of rice, beans, chicken, peppers and hot sauce.  I wasted some time on the computer before heading back to the college for Master Tutoría.  I had missed two tests between my Mom's trip and Egypt.  He said that I wouldn't have to make them up as he thought I was a good student and would rather grade me on my work ethic until the end of the semester.  After class I went to the library to spend two hours doing some much needed reading.

I came home at 6:00 to get ready for my Loft Interview at 7:00.  Putting on a dress shirt just in case we would be doing a video chat, I had some minor difficulties with skype before being able to talk to the Loft director Liz Bradshaw and another student.  The interview went well although I found it difficult to articulate exactly what I wanted to say.  My level of English has decreased.  I'll found out if I received the job in a few weeks.

After the interview I finished a dinner of leftovers and then talked with Antonio and Heiko.  We decided to book our tickets to Portugal.  I'd be missing one more day of school, which I was not happy about, but I was so excited to be traveling with my roommates to Lisbon for four solid days.  We were also staying at one of the world's top hostels, so that would be amazing in and of itself.  We each bought part of the trip: Antonio found the flights from from Lisbon to Madrid, Heiko the bus to Madrid from Granada and I reserved the hostel.  Excited to have planned the trip, I went into my room to upload all of the flamenco music Antonio had given me.

I received a call from the Morocco Exchange girls and around 11:30 I went to Pedro Antonio for Lara's birthday.  I love being a part of different groups and I was glad to keep in touch with the girls from the trip.  I left about an hour later to go to bed.

No comments: