Tuesday, June 30, 2009

From Barcelona To Granada And The Year Never Again

June 30th,

My last few days here in Granada have been full of mixed emotions. Beautiful and sad, saying goodbye has been difficult. I hope to see everyone again, but I know that with many people I won't be able to.

I met my dad and brother on June 26th in Barcelona. We spent the weekend touring the city, visiting all of Guadí's works and touring the Gothic Quarter and Montjüic.

Back in Granada, my last 4 days here, we've seen the Alhambra, explored the Albacín and enjoyed my adopted city. Last night I organized a final tapas night and we went from one tapas bar to another with twenty five of my American and International friends.

In the end, I have to admit that this year is over. I'll return to Granada but I'll never be able to return to the Granada that I knew at twenty years old.

No comments: