Monday, June 8, 2009

From The Necessary To The Needless

April 17th,

Today should have been, was intended to be, needed to be dedicated to work.  Instead it turned out to be the complete opposite.  

I got up at 9:30 and went for an hour run up the river.  I saw Elliot and we ran back to the center together.  I told him about Egypt and he told me about his trip to Berlin, Vienna, Prague and Budapest.  Back home I ate a breakfast of toast and jam on Heiko's Balcony.  

We both needed to work today but we decided to take our time.  We stopped in a  lot of stores to window shop.  Heiko bought a new polo from the outlet next door.  We went to Mercado Central to buy ingredients for the BBQ we were planning on having tomorrow.  I bought 3 steaks and some salchicón.

Back home, we decided to clean the house.  This became a long but necessary task as our house had become quite disgusting.  I cleaned the bathroom and we must of taken out 10 or so big bags of trash.

Somehow it was already 7:00pm.  Antonio and I walked in the direction  of Plaza de Toros to talk about planning the summer trip to Greece and Turkey.  At Jenny and Vero's, I met Leslie another girl from UCSD who was studying abroad in Bologna, Italy.  We spent the next three hours planning our trip.  I went with them and their Spanish friends for a tapa a nuestro bar.  I wanted to go home to work and sleep early.

Nice try.  After walking back home, listening to my iPod, I came up the stairs to find Antonio and Heiko ready to go out.  I knew I shouldn't go, but I realized that in the last two months of this year I wouldn't have much more time to go out with my roommates.  I too put on my jacket and went out to begin the night.  We met Antonio's friends at Puerta Real, stopping at a convenience store to pick up drink for the party.  It was starting to sprinkle as we walked to a house in the Realejo.  We botellóned at the house of one of Antonio's friends and had some great conversation with an eclectic and international crowd.  From his friend's house we went to the Metro discoteca, next door to our piso and spent the rest of the night, until 5 in the morning dancing and socializing.  It was a good Spanish night.

No comments: