Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Productivity Arrives And Not A Moment Too Soon

April 21st,

I woke up at 8:30 feeling good and ready for the day.  I did some exercises, ate breakfast, showered and went straight to the facultad to talk with Inma.  I hadn't been to the UC office in a while and after telling Inma about my classes we finalized my study list.  I was the first to know about the Good Bye dinner that would be held at the end of May.  I didn't sign up on the list as I wasn't sure if I would be on a trip.  I said goodbye to Inma and went to the library to study and read more of my book for Teoría del Estado.  

At 1:00, I left the library and headed to Mercado Central where I went to butcher's shop and deli to pick up chicken and cheese. 

Before my 5:30 class, I went to the tea house down my street to study while using the free wifi.  I was the only one there for most of the time.  I ordered a great lemonade with mint and sat in the corner of the second floor, the ceilings low, the windows covered with ivy.  I really liked this small café with its perfect mix of trendy cool and authentic feel.  I did research for my history paper and tried skyping my mom but the internet was a little laggy.

I went back home to put on my salsa clothes and head to class.  In class we had a presentation by one of the students on Nietzsche.  Throughout this year in the Spanish university system, I've really enjoyed the Teoría del Estado class.  Will the smallest teacher student ratio I've ever had, the afternoons on Tuesday and Thursday have been filled with challenging debates and interesting perspectives about elevated and erudite topics.

After class I went downstairs to read in the library.  I then went to salsa, walking down the long tree-lined pathway of the Fuente Nueva Campus.  The class was good and we did a lot of new moves.  I had a lot of fun.  Back home, I made a quick dinner of chicken, rice and vegetables.

I came into my room, surprised to see it was already 11:00pm.  I worked on my paper a little more before going to bed.

No comments: