Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arab Baths, Tetería, Heiko's Birthday






October 24th

I woke up at 1:30pm being shaken awake by Heiko who told me that he and Nathalie were going to the dining hall.  It was a good thing that he had woken me up as I didn't want to sleep away the whole day and also that our appointment for the Arab Baths was at 4:00 and we had wanted to continue our walking tour of the city.

Sunny and warm, the weather was perfect.  Having been freezing in Paris, Emily and Rochelle were happy to have the chance to wear shorts.  We walked toward the river where we stopped to admire the flowers and fountains.  Cutting back to the centro area, we stopped at Plaza Bim-Rambla for some excellent gelato.  

Opening the door to the Arab Baths, we were welcomed by the scent of spices.  The water felt great but the best part was the half hour massage.  I think we all enjoyed the 2 hour experience.

After the Arab Baths we headed up to Elivra street for a couple tapas.  We stopped at our favorite "tetería," tea house, and then headed back down to the piso to help Heiko set up for his birthday party.

The party was the best and biggest one we have thrown.  Walking around in my slippers, I spent time talking to the international group.  We had over 40 people and 9 countries represented.  Heiko had a really good time and at 4:00am convinced the entire party to follow him to a club.  I didn't really feel like paying for a club so after trying to get in with our free passes but being told that we had come to late to use them, Rochelle and I went back to the piso. Their bus was leaving tomorrow at 10:00am.  We told Ashley and Ryan to meet us at 8:00am for a breakfast of churros y chocolate.


No comments: