Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Out on the Town

October 2nd

I woke up at 12:00pm and my eyes hurt as the sun came into my room as I pulled up the blinds.  I was glad I didn't have class until 5:30 in the afternoon.  

After a quick work out, spanish vocab exercises, and emails, Heiko and I combined what ingredients we had left from our food supply and cooked a great meal of fresh vegetable, rice, and chicken.  Its been a lot of fun cooking in my apartment and I'm slowly approving.

My classes went went well and each day I feel more and more confident.  Since my first class on Monday, I had improved in my overall comprehension of the language.  I had officially survived my first week of class and will have to think of keeping 4 or 5 as I enjoy all of the classes and I still have Friday's off.

There was another Erasmus party that night and I had plans to go with Nathalie and Heiko.  I was pretty tired when I got home from class at 8:00pm and told them I would try and meet up with them later after I settled in.

It was just Alberto, my other Spanish roommate, and me in our apartment.  Out of all of the my roommates, I had talked and hung out with him the least as he is never in the apartment.  He had fractured a small bone in his arm the night before skateboarding and was taking it easy on the couch.  I asked him what he was doing tonight and he said that he was going to try and meet up with some of his friends.

The night turned out to be pretty cool as I ended up hanging out with Alberto the whole time as his friends flaked and he tagged along with me as I met up with the other California students.  We walked around Granada, stopping by the Cathedral, the unofficial public hang out spot, and then making our way to the botellón.  We ended up not going to the Erasmus party as Heiko and Nathalie called and said that it wasn't very good.  I was glad to spend time with Alberto as he was a funny kid and got a long well with everyone.  He is from Motril, a small beach town in southern Spain and speaks with a very thick Andalucían accent which is good practice for me to hear.  This is his first year at the university and will be here for four years.  We came back to the apartment at around 4:00am after a fun, low key, night of exploring the city where we'll be living the entire year.

No comments: