Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life as a Granadino

October 10th

Today I didn't have class but I got up at 9:30 to go with Nathalie for the traditional Spanish breakfast of Churros and Chocolate.  They were decadent and I definitely couldn't eat them everyday.

I had read over the brochures from the Center for Activities and Sports and decided to do something I wouldn't do in the US and sign up for a Salsa Dancing Class.  I think it should be a lot of fun as I hope to meet some Spaniards and if nothing else, try something new and improve on my "dance skills" for the weekend clubbing.  My 6th grade cotillion has run its limit.

I made a "bocadillo," an open faced sandwhich, and then took a siesta.

The rest of the afternoon, I spent visiting the famous destinations in Granada that I had not yet seen.  I went to the La Capilla Real, adjacent to the Cathedral, where I saw the crypt of the Catholic Kings, Ferdinand and Isabella, and their actual lead tombs underneath the mausoleum.  There were a lot of amazing relics and paintings.  The gothic architecture was really impressive.

Wandering around the Centro and Plaza Bim-Rambla area, I ended up across the street at the Corral de Carbon where I received information on upcoming shows for the Orchestra of Granada.  I stopped in the beautiful church at the beginning of my street to see what was inside and then went back to my piso.

Heiko had dinner waiting for me when I came back to my piso.  We ate quickly and then went to pick up the cars for our roadtrip to Seville the next day.

Nathalie's parents came over around 8:00pm.  They would be staying in my room as I have a huge bed.  They had been unable to find a hostel or hotel as something had happened with their reservations, so I told Nathalie for them to use my room for the one night and that I would sleep on the couch as I would be getting up early anyway for the roadtrip.  They were very gracious and have already invited me to Germany to stay with them.

No comments: