Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting in the Swing of Things

October 27th

My classes are going well and I know they will soon pick up.

The third day of Salsa Class was really fun and we are certainly progressing rapidly.  There are now 7 boys in the class and 16 or so girls.  We did a lot of partner dancing, turns, "girl dipping" (I'm not sure what word to use as we would spin the girls and then catch them and dip them back), and this really fun merengue dance where all of the boys would join hands in a circle and have the girls sit in between our arms while we spun around.  Its a great class and I'm enjoying having it in the middle of the day to do something different besides only academics.  

Back at my piso I went on the roof to study grammar with Nathalie.  My afternoon class was good and on the way back home I stopped in a few of medieval buildings that I always walk by.  One of the buildings was a monastery with beautiful flower beds and intricate cobble stone designs decorated in flocks of green moss.

The rest of the evening I spent writing my essay for Teoría Del Estado.  It took me a long time as I had my dictionary in my lap and kept bouncing from the book to the online translator to make sure I was correct in what in what I was trying to say.  

No comments: