Thursday, October 16, 2008

Class, Road Trip Planning, Google Street

October 8th

I walked to my Relaciones Internacionales class with Nathalie.  I'm enjoying this class a lot although I haven't yet been able to coordinate with the professor to meet up with her during her office hours.  I've been trying to meet all of my professors as I can ask them questions about what books I need to read and also introduce myself and let them know that I'm a foreign student.  So far its gone very well with my one on one meetings with the professors.

I stopped by the UC study center and signed up for one of the dinners with the UC EAP director Ramon Piñon.  He and his family are hosting dinners every week to better know the students in the program.  I signed up with another girl and we will be the first ones to attend.

My professor for "Teoría del Estado" had recommend a book that I could check out from the library.  The political science library is small but nice with study rooms and computers.  I had problems using my student ID card as technically I'm a student of "Filosofía y Letras" facultad and not political science.  I have to wait until November to get it changed.  After an explanation of how my program had registered all of us, I was able to check out the book.

I ran into Heiko and some of our other Erasmus friends on the way back to the piso.  We stopped for tapas at a great place near Plaza del Triunfo. 

Back at my apartment, I watched the presidential debates until I had my second set of classes at 4:30.  I like all of my classes and right now the work load is fairly minimal.  If I could pull off five it would be great.  I have until November 1st to decide.

That evening, Antonio, Heiko and I planned our road trip for the weekend.  We'll be going to Seville and then possibly Huelva and other towns along the coast.

I had needed to check Google for something and had become distracted by Google Street.  I showed Heiko and Antonio my street and house.  They thought it was very nice and Heiko said that it "reminded him of Germany because it was well organized."

No comments: