Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Homework and Sunday Jazz Sessions

October 26th

I spent a few hours writing outside and studying for Teoría Del Estado.  For lunch I made "Heiko Potatoes" as I put tomatoes and potatoes in a pan with olive oil and then baked them in the oven.

We heard voices outside and went out to the balcony where we "met" our new neighbors.  10 or so Italian girls are living in the apartment across from our balcony.  They're doing a program where they spend a little bit of time in different Spanish cities studying at the different universities.

That afternoon, I went out with Antonio to meet up with his friends who were visiting from Almería.  Hanging out with Spaniards is when I really notice my speaking ability improve.  

Back home I cooked dinner (nothing fancy, just pasta, fresh mozzarella, sauteed vegetables) for 5.  At 11:00 we went over to the "Boogaclub" a club on Gran Vía.  Every Sunday there is a jazz jam session in which anyone can get up and play.  We paid three euros to enter with a drink and enjoyed listening to the free-form spontaneity.  I hung out with Antonio and his some of his Spanish friends and we ran into a couple of the other Erasmus students who had come over for Heiko's party.  I really enjoyed the venue and will have to go back.  There really is something going on every night in Granada.

It was a nice conclusion to an insane, non-stop weekend starting since Wednesday.  I'm trying to do it all and am enjoying everything this year has to offer.

No comments: