Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 To 2

December 12th

Today was many days in one.

I got up late around 12:15 and spent the first few hours on the computer.  I then decided to "restart the day" by going on a run.  It was cold but not too bad once I was moving.

After lunch I went shopping for what I would need to cook Mexican food for the next day.  Back home, I read for 3 hours and studied for my midterm next week for my Public Policy class.  Interesting subject although a lot of memorization. 

At around 10:00pm I walked over to Blake's house in Plaza de Toros.  Ettori, Blake's Italian roommate and the guy who we'll be staying with in Venice, was celebrating his 23rd birthday and told me the week before when I had seen him that they would be partying from 2pm to 2am.  It turned out to be more like from 5pm to 5am as the party was in full swing when I arrived.  One of their roommates is a DJ and they had the turntables and speakers set up in the corner of the room with their film projector playing trendy clips of movies on the wall.  With the pretentious house beats providing the backdrop to the party, I enjoyed talking to the people from my program and meeting new Erasmus and Spanish students.  It was also my friend John's 21st birthday, and he and Ettori began organizing people to go to a club around 3:00am.  The club was on my way back home, so I stopped inside for an hour and a half as I had a free pass.  I went back home and slept in late.

No comments: