Monday, December 8, 2008

Rendezvous and the Big Picture

December 2nd

I went to look for a new jacket as my good jacket had been stolen last week.  Zara had a decent selection, but I didn't find exactly what I wanted and I though things were expensive.  I then went to Corte Ingles where I got sticker shock and left.

At the UC center, I talked to Inma and we got my study list for the University of California squared away.

My RL jacket and scarf worked decent enough against the cold as I walked over to El Nido de Buho to meet up with my friend Vanessa from the program who I had not seen in a long time.  I called Blake and went over to his house for a quick visit in which I showed him the message I received from a potential couch surfing host in Rome.  This guy is a martial arts teacher and lives in his gym.  We would sleep on Karate mats.  Its better than the floor and Blake and I are prepared for this trip to be quite an adventure.

From Blake's, I went to the bus station where I bought my tickets from Granada to Madrid for my Santander trip this Friday.

Finding my classes canceled, I read in the library and then went for coffee with two Russian girls and their Spanish friend from my Teoría del Estado class.  I went grocery shopping before arriving home.

I finished my list of emails that I'd been meaning to send for a long time and then watched President-elect Obama's announcement for his National Security Team.  I think he did a good job in choosing a lot of different people and ideas.  "The Team of Rivals" to go along with the current catch phrase.  Watching his speech and then thinking about my own future goals, I feel that I will come back more patriotic than when I left.  I love traveling and living in Europe but at the same time I'm proud to be an American and want to return to make my country even better. 

No comments: