Thursday, December 18, 2008

Murphy's Law; Kind Of

December 18th

I woke up really late, feeling refreshed and glad that I had the opportunity to sleep.

Walking around the city, I organized what I need to do before my trip to Italy tomorrow.  I had to recharge my phone, return library books, withdraw money, and send a lot of emails.

Blake called me with bad news saying that he had lost his passport and was tearing apart his room to find it.  In addition, the newspaper had printed that there would be a bus strike tomorrow which would stop our bus to Madrid.  I told Blake I would come over after lunch with Heiko at the dining hall to sort things out.

Heiko told me that Iberia, the airline will be flying on, was also threatening a strike.  On their website there wasn't anything and I'm not really worried if anything does happens as we'll be in Madrid and there will be a ton of flights to Italy.  We'll get there.

Blake and I walked over to the bus station and after talking to the employee at the information desk and be assured that there would be no strike we changed our tickets to 12:30 am.  We'll arrive in Madrid tomorrow morning and then head over to the US embassy to get another passport for Blake.  He can still travel with his photocopy and Spanish residency card, but he'll need his passport to return home and to go to any non-Schegen state.

After a long, but interesting class of Theory of the State I came back home and finished packing.  I'll head over to the bus station in a couple of hours.

No comments: