Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Bye to New Friends?

December 4th

After my first run in a couple of days in the Parque of Federico García Lorca, I took a shower and went out to buy a new jacket and mail holiday gifts to my parents and brother.

In Zara, I tried on 5 or so jackets, taking a very long time to make a decision.  I eventually found one that I really liked and was on sale. Still expensive, but it is very warm and will serve me well in Italy and Prague.

Back home, I had lunch, and then went to mail my packages to the United States before having tea with my friend Sarah and then going to my late afternoon classes.

My classes went well and I walked quickly back to my apartment to pay my rent for December.  Our landlord is a good guy as he covered the cost of the water, gas, and electricity due to the debacle with the heating.  We saved quite a bit of money.

We rang in the long weekend with the going away tapas party for our Italian friend Marta.  She is a med student and will be finishing up her time in Granada.  A lot of people came and I hope to visit her later in the year.  I made sure to leave early so that I would be well rested and up early for my trip tomorrow to Satander.  My bus for Madrid was at 9:00am but I wanted to get up at 7:00am to give myself plenty of time.

No comments: