Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Salsa Dancing in the Living Room

October 28th

It started to rain as I walked over to the EAP office.  I had been having a difficult time registering for my classes as I am apparently the first student to take all poli sci classes and therefore a few of my classes are not in the data bank.  I talked with Inma and she gave me the the new course forms to fill out.  In addition to the course forms, I'll have to fill out some additional paperwork with EAP and turn in an extra copy of the syllabus for each of the classes.

I went to the comedor, dining hall, with a few of the California students who I hadn't seen in a while.  I hadn't eaten at the dining hall since living in Cartuja, and I found the food to be a little better than we had had before.

My classes in the afternoon were really good.  I really enjoyed my Teoría del Estado class as we talked about Robert  Michel's and Lenin's conceptions of the State.  The professor debated with the class and went around to each student to defend his opinion.  The class instruction is much more the Socratic method here in Spain.

Back home, Nathalie and I danced Salsa and Merengue in the living room.  Nathalie is also taking a beginning salsa class, so its beneficial for both of us that we have someone to practice with.  We turned up the music from the youtube videos and cleared the furniture in  the living room.  It was a lot of fun and I'm really fortunate to live with such cool people.

No comments: