Sunday, March 8, 2009

Aprovechar

March 4th,

I got up early at 7:45 tired, but ready for class.  International Relations was good although I had to excuse myself to answer a call from the US embassy in Madrid about my questions concerning Egypt.  It looks like I'll have to purchase a travel visa when I get there.  

Historia Politica Social Contemporary as we stared our unit on Imperialism.  I left this class a little early as well as I was expecting a call from the university in Barcelona about the summer job at the English language camp.  The interview was supposed to be at 12:00pm sharp but they did not call me.  I waited for 20 minutes before going into the computer lab to send an email to the person who was supposed to interview me to make sure everything was all right and if we could reschedule.  Melissa and I checked out some books that we would need for our project on Imperialism and then headed back to my apartment to begin an outline and rough draft.  Both poli sci majors from UCSD, Melissa and I talked about how we should write about "Imperialism." Since the professor had been going over a basic idea of Colonialism and Imperialism, we decided to focus just on the United States and our own relation to Imperialism.  We have to write a research paper and make a powerpoint.  

For lunch I made us chicken and rice, one of the two recipes that I've gotten down (the other being "pasta fresca").  We talked to Antonio and Heiko before continuing a little with our project.  Melissa left for her next class and I bought tickets from Vueling for my mom's and my round trip tickets from Barcelona to Granada.  I then sent a lot of emails including ones to Sixth College about my RA application and ArtPower! about future job positions.  I'll have to wait until Friday to know if I received the RA acceptance.  Once I found it out, next year will be a little more planned.

For dinner I made a sandwich and I sat at my newly expanded desk, I moved the one from my balcony into my room, and worked on the Teoría del Estado práctica due the next day.  I made facebook events for a trip to Ronda on Saturday and also a party on Friday.

No comments: