Sunday, March 8, 2009

Work In The Morning, Weekend In The Afternoon

March 5th,

I woke up at 10:15, tired but ready to dedicate the day to work.  I worked out with some basic exercises and then took a shower.  At breakfast, Nathalie and I watched "Scrubs" in English.

From 11:30 to 4:30 I finished the práctica for Teoría del Estado.  A large packet to read and 5 essay questions about "The Welfare State."  I wrote a lot.  I received a message from the Barcelona job and wrote them back asking if we could reschedule for today.  She replied and said that today worked well and that would call me at 3:00pm.  After a quick turkey and gouda sandwich for lunch that I ate in my room while looking at my watch, the director failed to call met again.  Highly annoyed,  I sent them another message to see if we could reschedule for a third time.  If they can't call me just to set an interview, I don't know if I want to work for them.

At 4:30 I finished the trabajo, proof read it and then went to class.  In class, we went over the trabajo and I participated quite a bit in the debate with the professor.

I ran in my dress shoes over to my salsa class in Fuente Nueva.  It was packed with people and I ended up dancing with a girl from Prague for the entire class.  This semester there are lot more foreign students who signed up.  I wanted to stay for the advanced class but couldn't as I had to hurry home to pay the rent for the month of March.

We paid a lot more this month than usual as the the cold weather had run up our heating bill.  This being my first year that I've lived on my own, its quite a real world learning experience to see how expensive it is to live. 

The trip that Antonio and I had wanted to go with to Egypt had filled up.  Although I wanted to go sooner rather than later, I was glad as I did not want to go on a trip that would make me late to pick up my mom at the Barcelona airport on the 20th.  Antonio and I decided to go talk to a travel agency to see if there were other trips.

After doing some homework, I went over to Blake's party in Plaza de Toros to make an appearance.  We stayed until about 3:00am before coming back home to sleep.


No comments: