Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Fantastic 10 Days With My Mom And Ready For Egypt!

March 28th,

March as been busy to say the least and I have not been able to update my blog in my normal way. Nevertheless, I'll make sure to have it updated when I return from my trip to Egypt at the beginning of April.

The past 10 days with my mom have flown by.  After meeting her in Barcelona, figuring out our luggage fiasco and enjoying the city we then flew to Granada to start our tour of Southern Spain.  We spent a few days in Granada, visiting the Alhambra, spending time with my roommates and friends and going on some great hikes.  On Thursday and Friday we visited Córdoba and Sevilla, spending the night in the Andalucían capital.  We returned to Granada to spend more some time around the city before preparing for our return trip to Barcelona.

On Monday, I'll say goodbye to my mom in the airport and will immediately start my next trip-7 days in Egypt.  I'll be traveling with a Spanish tour group with my roommate Antonio and a few of my friends from my UC program.  We'll be spending four nights on the Nile on a cruise, stopping to tour all of the famous historical locations during the day.  We'll then spend 3 days in Cairo and will tour the pyramids in Giza and maybe be able to head up to Alexandria.  It should be a great trip.

Back in Granada will start Semana Santa and I'll have time to catch up on work and maybe do a road trip through Spain.  Not sure yet.  I'll update the blog with all of March when I return.

-Micah

No comments: