Sunday, March 8, 2009

It Will Be The Same And Different

March 8th,

I woke up lat at 11:30 to the sun pouring in through my window.  I tested the weather out on my balcony and it was warm enough to wear shorts.  I changed into my jogging clothes and went for a nice run along the river looping past the Parque de las Ciencías to my piso.  I stretched on the roof and came down to eat and shower.

A really low key day, I sat inside, reading, studying and writing.  Antonio and I talked a little more about Egypt.  For lunch, Antonio had made a great soup with garbanzo beans and he shared some with me.

I skyped my dad and brother and they told me that my great-uncle Theodore is suffering from cancer and is not doing well.  Its difficult for me to think about the fact that when I return home, a lot of people who I have met and loved won't be there anymore.

I studied for my grammar quiz tomorrow in Master Tutorial and kept working on my project for American Imperialism.  I'm having some trouble linking everything I want together.

Nathalie invited me out to Booga Club for the weekly jazz session.  I'd gone out enough this weekend and I spent the rest of the night reading before going to sleep.

No comments: