Sunday, March 8, 2009

A March Monday

March 2nd,

Monday morning came way too early.  I got up and went to Relaciones Internacionales only to have the professor come half an hour late.  Once class finished, I ran downstairs to print out my práctica on the Spanish-American war for Historia Política Social Contemporánea.  Next Wednesday I'll be presenting on Imperialism and relating it to the United States.  It is a group project with my friend Melissa from my program.  We talked to the professor about the project after class.

I went shopping at the Mercado Central and the local fruit stands before going to Mercadona for everything else.  Back home, I looked at flight times and ticket reservations for the Alhambra for when my Mom comes in a few weeks.  Although I found the information online, I decided to go up tot he Alhambra to check it out in person.  I'll never grow tired of the incredible juxtaposition that is the distinct change between the city and the Alhambra woods.  Absolutely beautiful.   As it turned out, I had to book online, and headed back down the hill toward the centro.

Corrine called me and we met up for coffee.  I came back home to up load photos and work on homework.  The rest of the night was low key as I sat inside reading, the sound of the rain falling against my balcony a peaceful background melody.

No comments: