Sunday, March 8, 2009

Second Semester in Full Swing

February 26th

I woke up around 9:00 and went to the Study Center to drop two of the six classes that I had signed up for this semester.  I really debated to drop both classes, Sistema Política de la Unión Europea and Política y Gobierno en Andalucía, as they were both very interesting and in subjects that I would like to learn more in.  Nevertheless, I knew I should focus more on my year classes and insure that I do well in those.  Second semester begins my last 3 months in Europe and although I'm here to study and learn, I also want to travel and take full advantage of the rest of the year.

Back home, I organized the few things I would be taking to Carnaval in Cádiz.  Before going to my afternoon class of Teoría del Estado, I worked on homework and personal tasks at home.  After class, I asked what score I received on the mid-term exam and the professor told me that I had received a "7."  Although not a great score, I did significantly better than most of the students in the class.  The Study Center doesn't just look at my grade, but the discrepancy between all of the grades in the class.  I'll actually end up receiving a higher grade thanks to the other students.

I then went to the advanced class of salsa.  The teacher had really picked it up as I was a little behind everyone else.  There were a couple of the girls from the salsa class from last quarter so its fun to be in there with them.

From salsa, I jogged back home and quickly showered as people were coming over for dinner as it was Nathalie's birthday tonight.  One of her Italian friends made some excellent pasta and we had a nice dinner with the Erasmus group.  More people came over after dinner and we hosted a mini-fiesta for Nathalie.  I didn't go out after everyone left as I needed to sleep before the weekend in Cádiz.


No comments: