Thursday, March 19, 2009

Behind On The Blog But Will Have It Updated Soon!

March 19th,

Dear Family and Friends,

So far this year I've tried to update my blog every week, but unfortunately in the last 11 days I have been unable to do so.  These past two weeks I've been very busy with school (an hour and half presentation in Spanish about Imperialism and the United States with an additional 30 page paper, 10 minute film documentary and question and answer session) and activities through Granada.  I've also been busy trying to figure out if I will be working in Barcelona this summer, teaching English at a summer camp.  I would like to take the job but there is a litany of logistical coordination that I have to do here in Granada before I could accept it.  I've also been accepted as an Residential Advisor for the 2009-2010 academic school year for UCSD Sixth College and will begin training at the end of August to prepare for the coming school year.  

Tomorrow I will meet my mom in Barcelona and we will spend the weekend there.  Monday we'll be in Granada and spend the rest of the week touring the city and taking day trips around Andalucía.  Monday, March 30th, I'll say goodbye to my mom in the Barcelona airport and three hours later, board a plane to Egypt to begin my next trip.

Antonio, my Spanish apartment mate, and I have been planning a trip to Egypt.  We've found an amazing deal, that although still expensive, looks to be an incredible trip.  Four nights with a cruise on the nile, from Luxor to Ashwan,  stopping during the day to tour the cities and historical sights.  In Ashwan we fly up to Cairo where we'll spend the next three days touring the city and seeing the pyramids.  I'll be going with a Spanish guided tour so all of the trip planning has been and will be in Spanish.  An adventure in and of itself.  

Egypt leads into Semana Santa which is our official spring break.  After resting for a couple of days, my friend Jonathan Garvey and I will be heading to Berlin to tour Germany's capital city.  Back in Granada, we'll have a day to recuperate before starting back up with school.

That's more or less the plan for the next month.  I'll update the blog like normal when I can.

Thanks to everyone for reading and I look forward to seeing all of you in person when I return home at the end of July, beginning of August.

-Micah

No comments: