Sunday, March 8, 2009

(The Year In Parenthesis)

March 7th,

I woke up at 10:30 to sounds of Nathalie cleaning the house.  I got up and went to help.  After sweeping, mopping the floors and taking out all of the trash we reorganized the furniture.  I ate breakfast with Nathalie and it was nice to talk to her.

The day was beautiful (it would have been perfect for a visit to Ronda) and so I made a sandwich of turkey, gouda, mustard and tomato and took with with me to have a private picnic in the perfect sun in front of my favorite fountain in the plaza del Acera del Casero.  I read and wrote for a while in the sun before coming back inside.  After reading in the living room, Antonio came in and we decided to take a walk to a hard ware store to buy the barbecue that we've been talking about since September. 

All of the shops were closed on this Saturday afternoon so we just walked around Granada, stopping for 1 euro ice cream and checking out a swap meet.  We stopped at Mercadona to pick up supplies for the apartment.

Back home, I ended up skyping my friend Joyce Chang from UCSD.  This morning I had received my RA acceptance and will be an RA in the Sixth College Residential Halls this coming academic year!!!  An RA last year,  Joyce had also applied and received it so I called her to ask her about the training process and what to expect for the coming year.  Its funny but enjoyable to see how one event can and will affect my life for the entire year to come.

I took a shower and made dinner and then skyped my mom.  I probably should not have gone out as I have a lot of homework to do, but I realized that there are only 12 or so Saturday nights left in Granada and I decided to go over to Veronica and Jennifer's apartment to hang out with Jon and other people from my program.  I had to call my house at around 5:30am to talk to the Havurah during the annual Purim Party, so I figured the easiest thing to do would be to go out for a couple of hours rather than go to sleep and wake up to call.  I went with the girls to "Sala Principe" a very preppy club that was a lot of fun before coming home to skype the Havurah.  It was nice to talk to everyone.  After I finished talking, I went immediately to sleep.

No comments: