Friday, January 23, 2009

Buckling Down For Finals and Personal Recovery

January 23rd,

I woke up at 11:00 and forced myself to get up as I needed to be productive one way or the other as I have my first final exams next week.  Today I also wanted to talk to Inma about some of the specifics of the claim form for the insurance company.

The UC study center closes at 2pm so I decided to head straight there before locking myself in my room.  Walking over to the study center in the rain probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I was glad to talk to Inma and get everything clarified.  

The rest of the day was not very exciting as I spent it studying for my upcoming exams.  I did a comprehensive review for International Relations and outlined for Historia PolĂ­tica Social Contemporánea.  

As there are always a lot of things going on when you can't partake in them, I called Christian from Austria and told him I couldn't make it to his going away party as he is returning to Austria tomorrow and another call to Kendra letting her know I couldn't attend the surprise party of another UC student.  In on a Friday night in true UCSD fashion, Antonio and I joked that we were only ones who had to study as it seemed that everyone else was out.  I've certainly had my fair share of partying here in Spain, and  I was glad to get a lot of studying done and will be able to dedicate the day to finishing my history paper tomorrow.

No comments: