Friday, January 16, 2009

The Gauntlet Continues

January 14th

The week would not let up, especially today.

I got up at 6:30am to finish my trabajo for Relaciones Internacionales.  I then skyped my Mom to coordinate flight times as she will be coming out to visit me at the end of March.

In Relaciones Internacionales, my powerpoint ended up being used by the entire class, as I had done too much work on it and went beyond the section I was supposed to talk about it.  As luck would have it, the trabajo that I had spent the morning working on was postponed.  I will also end up taking the final exam even earlier than schedule as I have a conflict with another class. Instead of a written essay, my "make up" final will be an oral exam, questioning me about International law, Peace and Security, and the Economy.  I hope I can articulate everything.

In Historia Política Social Contemporania, we received our pre-final grades.  I have a high B, low A going into the final.

In Salsa, our teacher wasn't there.  Rather than not have class the 6 girls and me decided to dance on our own.  It was really enjoyable as I had the opportunity to talk with all of the them and they helped me perfect some of the more difficult moves.

Back home, I finished the chicken and rice leftovers from my dinner the night before and then took a much needed two hour siesta.  I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the second set of classes.

After Estructura Social Contemporanea, I came back to go on a run in the Parque de Federico Garcia Lorca.  It was nice to be running again.

Before going to bed, I loaded up the photos from the trip on facebook.  I'll have them up here on the blog soon.

No comments: