Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Love Audrey Hepburn

January 25th

I woke up at 9:45 ready to dedicate the day to work and productivity.  The weather, wet and cold, was conducive for studying.  I studied for Relaciones Internacionales by reviewing my pages of notes and then reading much of the United Nations charter in English and Spanish.  I then switched to my other class, Historia Política Social Contemporánea reading over my notes from class.

For lunch I made some great chicken breast fillets, pasta, and fresh sauce.  Definitely my best pasta dish yet. 

After lunch, I kept studying until about 5 before taking a 1 hour siesta.  Getting up at 6 I read until 9 for History.  

At 10:00pm the classic film festival, "Retroback" would be showing "Vacaciones en Roma," or "Roman Holiday."  I asked Antonio if he wanted to come and we walked the quick 20 meters through the side street to the theater of Isabel la Católica.

I had my pass and Antonio had to purchase a ticket, but we were told by the attendant that the film was sold out and we had needed to come at least 30 minutes early to secure tickets.  I was annoyed as I really wanted to see it.  I asked the attendant, if we could go in once it started if there were extra seats.  He said yes.  I found two seats in front, but Antonio explored farther back and found two in the back.  Sitting down in the comfy velvet seats of the old theater, I admired the frescoes painted on the ceiling.  There was a giant screen and a smaller projection screen where they would show the subtitles.  After a great "introductory film festival" short video, which I thought was superb, they started Roman Holiday.  I ended up switching seats with Antonio as he was sitting behind a woman with a huge hairdo and couldn't read the subtitles. 

The film was fantastic!  It was the first time I'd seen Audrey Hepburn or Gregory Peck (some film major I am) and they were both great.  It was so cool to have been in all of the places they had been in the film.  I have to return to Rome.  We left the theater by 12:00pm and came back home.  I went to bed, ready for my final tomorrow.

No comments: