Friday, January 16, 2009

Reality Sets In

January 12th

The tiredness that comes from one full month of traveling and the grim fact of upcoming final exams was my wake up call to reality as I got up at 7:45am to prepare for class.

In Relaciones Internacionales, I volunteered to do an additional project about the United Nations.  I argued quite a bit with my professor as we had different opinions about the importance of the international organization.

In Historia Política Social Contemporanea we received another trabajo due the day of the final.  I also have a huge essay that I need to complete for the same class.

I had to talk to Inma about my classes, especially Análisis de Políticas Públicas which despite studying for quite a bit I have received lower than expected grades.  I ran into one of the girls from my salsa dancing class and she told me that we still had class.  I had thought that salsa had finished in December but I guess the course goes until February.  I went with her to salsa and would talk to Inma tomorrow.

In salsa, I was once again the only boy.  It was fun to be back and I enjoyed refining some of the old moves.

For lunch, I met up with Heiko, Federica from Italy, and Anna from France at the comedores.  It was great to see them and they had all had good vacations.  Federica had brought me a present of a traditional Italian holiday pastry cake.

Back home, I had an hour and a half before my next class and used it to wash my heap of dirty clothes from the trip and go to the grocery store as I had no food.  I bought too much stuff and struggled under the weight as I walked the 400 meters back to my house.

The gauntlet of class continued as I went to Análisis de Políticas Públicas and then Estructura Social Contemporanea.  I really enjoy the latter class quite a bit and actually have one of the highest grades in the class!

I made some fresh pasta for dinner and went on facebook to see the myriad of friend requests from people we had met on our trip.  It had really been the most social trip ever!

No comments: