Friday, January 23, 2009

The Start Of What Would Be a Week of Limited Productivity and Becoming Sick

January 19th,

Today was hard.  I suffered through my first two classes as I was feeling quite sick.  A runny nose, sore throat and a loud, violent cough that I couldn't control.  Despite how I was feeling, I wanted to go to class as it was the last week of the first semester and I didn't want to miss any last minute things.

I was debating whether or not I should go to Salsa after leaving Historia Política Social Contemporánea.  I went and should not have gone.  Although I practiced a few last new moves, I was really pretty sick and had to sit the second half out (I also probably shouldn't have gone just in respect to the girls who I dance with as I don't want them to catch whatever I now have).  Nelson ended class early as it wasn't just me who was feeling ill.  There is something going around Granada and as a lot of people have the same symptoms.  

Walking back toward my piso, I stopped at the UC study center and asked Inma for the doctor's form for the UC insurance.  I put it in my folder and hoped that I wouldn't need to go.

Back home I made some pasta.  Our neighbor from downstairs brought up a traditional Spanish dish that was quite good.  I guess we made a new friend when we brought her some of the paella. 

In my last two classes, I suffered.  In Análsis de Políticas Públicas we had a very difficult, ultimate trabajo that I really didn't understand completely.  I wasn't able to help my group as much as I wanted.

Estructura Social Contemporánea was interesting as we had a presentation on Germany from the three German students in the class.

The nice weather had gone away and it started to rain.  Walking back home in the rain I was feeling pretty terrible.

I had had enough.  Dropping my stuff off in my room, I went immediately back out to the pharmacy and then to the grocery store to buy chicken soup and more tea.  After eating and taking the over the counter medicine for the symptoms I had, I felt much better.  Antonio and I had some good conversations about politics and my level of Spanish.

I read a little for my classes before going to bed early.

No comments: