Saturday, January 31, 2009

And The First Month Of 2009 Ends Just Like That

January 31st

I woke up at 10:30am and finished up the eggs.  I tried making an omelet, which failed and turned into more scrambled eggs.

The Alsa bus website was not working so I needed to go to the bus station to purchase my bus ticket from Granada to Algeciras, the launching off point for "Morocco Exchange."  I'll leave Wednesday night, spend the night at a hostel or couchsurf and wake up the next morning to meet the group and go to Morocco.

What has been the most fickle of weather cycles continued as today it was cold and raining.  Heiko had wanted to rent bikes and go for a ride, a plan that was quickly ended due to the weather.  I caught bus 33 to the bus station running into Blake, who I hadn't seen since Italy.  I really haven't taken the buses much here in Granada as I always walk, so it was funny to see how fast I could arrive at the bus station using the public transportation.  I bought my ticket and headed back to the centro, stopping at Jon's apartment to give him the scarf I'd bought for him as I'd lost his scarf when we'd been skiing in Poland.  Immediately after, I met up with Corinne for coffee before heading back to my apartment to read for Contemporary Social Structure. 

That after noon I skyped my family. Video chat is a lot of fun.  I seemed to have reverted back to my old ways as I had ran out of food and resorted to plain pasta for dinner.

I had wanted to see another film as I still have one movie left on my ticket to the film festival.  I went to pick up tickets for "My Fair Lady"  but it was sold out and the line to get in stretched to the street.  

Back home, I talked to Heiko and Antonio before doing some super cool Saturday night studying.

No comments: