Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Still Have A Lot To Learn

January 30th

I got up early for a Friday at 9:30, waking up to a beautiful, sunny day.  I made some scrambled eggs (my newest addition to the cooking repertoire) and ate them with some precious Tapatio.

Heiko woke up and I told him I was going to the Central Market and fruit stands.  Leaving in our apartment not needing more than a sweater, we headed toward Plaza Bim Rambla.  At the market, I bought some more chicken breast and Heiko bought some hamburger.  I also bought some more fresh tangerines and carrots.

We walked back home and cooked lunch.  I had finished my paper for History and had printed it out.  Reading over it, I had found a few errors.  I asked Antonio if he could read it over, it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes.  2 hours later, he handed it back weighted down with red ink.  I guess my grasp of higher levels of Spanish writing are less elevated than I had previously  thought.  The next two hours were spent correcting my paper.  I did learn a lot though and will try to not make the same mistakes in my next paper.  Finishing it, I walked over to the poli sci building and turned it into the mailbox of the professor.

Back home I finished leftovers for dinner and then continued studying for Contemporary Social Structure.  I had wanted to go out tonight as I hadn't in the last three weeks and had talked to Nathalie earlier saying I'd go to the party being thrown by some of our Italian friends.  With my medication I can't partake in many of the festivities, so I was debating of not going.  Nathalie would not allow it and after helping me fix my scarf and outfit (its helpful to live with a girl), I went with Nathalie and her friend Julia to the party.  

Walking on the street Pedro Antonio de Alárcon we saw just how big the party was.  People were pouring out onto the little balcony.  Going upstairs we could barely fit in the apartment.  We fought our way to the living room and I felt like I was in the eye of the storm.  We were only there for half an hour as the neighbors complained and the two Italian hosts, Nicola and Andrea, kicked everyone out.  I ran into Anna from France and Federica from Italy outside and walked back with them to my apartment.  I was back kind of early, so I read some more for class before going to bed.

No comments: