Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Behind on Pop Culture

February 9th,

Unlike my trip to Prague in which I came back and immediately had class the next day, I took advantage of having the day "off" and slept in until 11:30.  Heiko, Antonio and I went to Mercado Central and then a fruit stand for some local shopping.

Despite studying for my last two exams,  I was not as productive as I should have been as I still had a final paper for Teoría del Estado that I needed to complete.  For the rest of the afternoon I read and completed some personal work that I had neglected the last couple of weeks.

At 9:00pm I took a study break and went with Heiko, Anna, Federica, and Antonio to "Hannigan's Irish Pub" for the weekly "Pub Quiz."  Hannigan's is the favorite stopping ground for the myriad of Americans and English-speaking foreigners who come to Granada to "like, study abroad," and learn Spanish.  Every Monday they have a quiz with questions ranging from erudite to Pop Culture.  The girls from my Morocco trip were all there, so it was fun to hang out with them in a different setting.  I failed pretty badly at the pub quiz, especially on the current pop culture questions which I knew nothing about.  The "German Team," with Heiko, Nathalie and some of our other friends did pretty well defeating us handily on the "Musical scores of films," the majority of which were from American blockbusters.  

As such is Granada on a Monday night, I said "no, thanks" to invitations to go out and returned to my piso to sleep and dedicated the next day to work.

No comments: