Monday, February 9, 2009

Three Down, Two To Go

February 3rd

I woke up at 8:30am, tired but ready for my exam.  Looking at the exam schedule I'd written down, it said that I wouldn't have the test until 5:00pm but I wasn't sure.  It was still raining as I put on my coat, grabbed my bag, and took the yellow umbrella that someone had left at one of our parties.

Checking the exam times in the facultad, I accepted that the exam would be later.  The library was completely filled so I went back home and studied some more before taking a short nap.  When I woke up, Antonio was yelling "Toma!" as he'd received a scholarship from the University of Granada.  Got to love the Spanish University system where tuition is free and one receives scholarships for good grades.

At 4:30pm I went back to the facultad where I took my third final exam for Estructura Social Contemporánea.  The exam took me 2 and a half hours and I wrote 6 pages front and back.  The 6 questions were broad and difficult and each one took a long time to answer.  I think I did ok although I know I repeated myself sometimes.  I said goodbye to the professor as I turned it in and then grabbed my coat.  I said goodbye to the erasmus students from Mexico who I've become friends with in the class before heading back home for our scheduled "apartment cleaning date."

Everyone was home and we spent the next hour cleaning the house.  We hadn't cleaned in almost a month so the house looking really nice when we were done.  Rather go out that night, I stayed in and enjoyed my amazing piso that I share with great roommates.  We goofed around on the computer and Heiko and I prevented Antonio from studying.  Our heating works in our apartment now so its really nice when we turn it on.  I showed Heiko and Antonio a few of the films I'd made from the year before.  I'd like to write a script and make a film here in Granada next semester.

No comments: