Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Second Semester

February 16th

I got up at 7:45 and took a shower before starting the first day of second semester.  My yearlong class of International Relations got off to a great start as our teacher was mad that people had not done well.  When she put up the grades, the majority of the class had failed including the three other Americans and me.  I would send her an email as soon as I was done with class.

Almost the exact opposite was the case in Historia Política Social Contemporánea where I received an 8/10 and one of the highest grades in the class of any non-Spanish, foreign student.  We began a new unit and talked a little about the Spanish-American war.

What will be a 6 hour gauntlet of class if I decide to stick with it was cut much shorter as the next two classes of Política y Gobierno en Andalucía and the University of California Master Tutorial Grammar Class were both cut short because of the first day.  The class on Andalucía seems interesting while I want to take the Master Tutorial to improve on my finer control of the language.  In the Master Tutorial the professor spoke very slowly in comparison to the other classes and it doesn't look like it will be very hard at all.  It was nice to see some people from my program.

I came home, not used to being done this early, and organized my room before taking a siesta.  I spent the evening talking to Antonio and Heiko and began reading Don Quijote in Spanish which is very difficult.

No comments: