Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yo Amo España Pero Odio El Sistema Educativo Español

February 13th,

A little sore from the two runs the day before, I got up at 8:00 and went for a run in the Parque de Federico García Lorca.  I ran pretty slow but managed to complete my four laps around the park.  Back home I stretched on the roof terrace of our apartment building and then went downstairs to rob some of Heiko's oatmeal for breakfast because someone had eaten my cereal.

I dedicated an immediate 2 hours to finishing my paper before taking a break to wash all of the dishes in the sink and clean up the kitchen that looked as if a bomb had exploded.  It wasn't my job but I was getting really annoyed to have everything lying in the sink.

I worked on and off the paper all day and finished it late that afternoon.  25 pages.  I went back to the cool fountain in the plaza by my apartment to read for a little while I let the paper sit.  I printed it out and corrected it.

With my finals unfortunately finishing on the last day of exams, Saturday, I turned down invitations to go out to the "Good bye parties" as many people from my program are returning home to the US after finishing the first semester in Spain.


No comments: