Thursday, February 19, 2009

Failure

February 12th,

I got up at 8:00 and quickly put on my sweatpants and shirt and went for a run along the River Genil making a loop back to my street.  Considering I hadn't run in a while, I felt pretty good.

Today I would take my fourth final and take a chunk out of my paper.  I spent 3 hours working on my paper and although I wasn't sure if I was writing too much, I began my chapter by chapter analysis of the book.  Tedious.  

For lunch, I realized I needed more hot sauce, as I had run out of the "imported" Tapatio hot sauce that my mom had sent me in October.  The only store that I had found that sold real hot sauce was the Nordstrom quality-equivalent, Cortés Ingles.  While I was in there "Mexican food section," I bought some tortillas and beans and came back for some "make your own tacos."  Really good.

After having café, I did some last minute studying for Análisis de Políticas Publicas and then walked over to the facultad.

To put it simply, I think I failed.  The exam was very difficult and despite my studying, note taking and attendance to all the classes, the three essay questions were extremely hard and on material that I hadn't studied.  I had studied broad topics and the questions were erudite and specific.  I think I did very poorly and was disappointed in my self when I left the classroom.

I was a angry and disappointed so I went for another run.  Going the opposite direction from the morning, I ran up towards the Sierra Nevada national park.  Keeping a fast pace the whole way, I finished the normally 1 hour run in 40 minutes.

Not one to stop working because I hadn't done well on one thing, I spent the rest of the evening working on my paper for Teoría Del Estado.




No comments: