Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I Keep Saying That I Study Film, So We Better Make a Movie."

February 10th,

Spain has turned me into somewhat of a procrastinator, something that I definitely not happy about.  Unfocused. Unproductive.

I woke up at 10:30 and after attempting to make a dent in my paper for Teoría del Estado paper I decided to go to the facultad to check grades from my first three exams.

I could not find my name for any of my classes which worried me a lot as I saw the names of some other Erasmus students that I know on the lists.  Since I was over on that side of town, I went to the "Centro de Actividades y Deportes," and signed up for the second semester of Salsa and also asked some questions about the week long ski trips run through the University of Granada.  Heiko and I have been talking about participating in it as it includes housing and lessons up in the Sierra Nevada ski resort.

Back home I made a lunch and talked to Antonio and Alberto.  I still have trouble understanding Alberto, who speaks with such a strong Andalucían accent and with so much slang that many times I feel like he's not even speaking Spanish.  Its great practice though to listen and speak with them as Alberto and Antonio speak to each other at such a fast pace.  We some how got onto the topic of movies and I reiterated the fact that I really want to make a film here in Spain (the Andalucían version of "Vicky, Christina, Barcelona," that I still have yet to see).  I was throwing out some ideas when Antonio came up with a brilliant one and I ran into my room to grab a pad of paper and a pen and we wrote out a brief outline of what the film should be.  I won't tell you here as it want it to be a surprise but I will have  film done when I return home.

The rest of the afternoon I kept studying.  I called Blake at 9:00 since I hadn't seen him since Italy and he came over to my apartment.  After talking for a bit about future travel plans, I told him my disappointed that I would not be able to go to Carnival in Cádiz as I would be visiting family friends in Barcelona during that weekend.  Blake told me he was going the second weekend with some of the girls from our program, and I ecstatically jumped on board, immediately buying my bus ticket.  We may be sleeping on the beach if we can't cram into our friend's hotel room, but it should be an incredible weekend.


No comments: