Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Became The Start Of A Week Of Late Night Parties and Early Morning Classes

February 17th

I woke up early at 7:45 (early for me in Spain) and went with Heiko to Política y Gobierno en Andalucía.  The professor is a little tedious to listen to as he paces back and forth repeating the same line twice, expecting us to write everything down.  It still seems like a good class though. 

In the half hour before my next class, I went to the library to study some vocabulary before heading back upstairs for the other new class, Sistema Política de la Unión Europea.  The class will be intense if I decide to take it, but I do like how in depth it is as it covers both the history and political thought of Europe since ancient times to the present day.

Back home I made some excellent chicken for lunch and then went back to the facultad for Teoría del Estado.  In the hour before salsa (I signed up for the second semester classes) I toured the "Real Madrid" soccer exhibit in the town hall.  Salsa ended up being canceled so I went back home to change for the goodbye party of our German friend Julia.

I walked with Julia, Nathalie and their French friend to D'cuadros tapas bar on calle Pedro Antonio where we met up with a big group of people.  With the end of the first semester many people who we'd become friends with would now be leaving.  Tonight would begin a week of goodbye parties.  We hung out with Julia for a while before Jon and I went to another semi-goodbye party at our American friend's piso.  It was nice to see a lot of people from my program as with vacations and finals there were a few people I hadn't seen in two months.


No comments: