Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sunshine Brings Productivity

February 11th,

I woke up at 8:00am, did some exercises and began working on my large amount of work.  For my paper on "Transformations of the Contemporary State," I typed out all of my annotations and underlining that I had done throughout the book.  I then began outlining an in depth analysis of what I would write for each chapter, biography and personal opinion.  

After a few hours I gathered up my books and notes for Public Policy and went to study outside.  The day was perfect and I was happy the rain had gone away.  I sat on a bench by the large fountain across from the Theater Isabel la Catolica and read over my notes.

Back home I made lunch and sat in one of our fresh from Ikea lazy boy chairs in the sunny spot of the window.  I wrote the introduction for my paper, completing a page (the paper must be a minimum of 10 pages) and looked over my notes some more before ending for the day.

That night, Antonio was going out with his friends from Almeria who were in Granada for the weekend.  We started talking about Spanish festivals which led to a recount of the chaos that is San Fermín, Pamplona, the 7th of July.  One of Antonio's friends had run with the bulls and so we looked at videos online of the daily runs through the streets during the festival.  Insane.  I went to bed early ready to get a jump on the work tomorrow.

No comments: